Country Manager – Convenience & Food retail
| | |
RELOCATION OPPORTUNITY – Quest Search & Selection are currently partnering with this heritage retailer & establishment with only 70 years’ experience . The business is currently pushing the boundaries within their Retail, Hospitality & Leisure offering in the Falkland Islands.
In this Country Manager role you will be running and operation within a expat community within the posted country. This business sells everything from grocery, hot, food to go, entertainment & gifting products etc to support the local community
The roles & responsibilities of this Country Manager role –
- A Country Manager will be responsible for managing all operations within a country .
- You will be leading an operation of 20-40 people within the Convenience Retail , Bar & Retail Cafe environment
- You will running 3-4 separate units
- This involves taking responsibility for profit & loss, revenue, stock and service targets.
- Reporting in the global Head of Operations you will agree & work towards monthly, quarterly or annual targets for revenue, profits and cash
- Country Managers are expected to recruit and manage the team, including performance monitoring, mentoring and training.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels & ensuring that there is good customer satisfaction for all.
- Plan store layouts to ensure the stores implement the agreed seasonal and promotional plans.
- Ensure Store Managers recruit, induct and train their store teams in line with company procedures and programmes.
- Carry out Risk Assessment of outlets
- Taking effective action to combat shrinkage and controllable expenses.
The requirements of this Country Manager role –
- Extensive Store or Multisite experience gained for a retail supermarket or convenience background
- That you have managed different departments/business units with their own P&L or budgets
- A proven track record demonstrating your business acumen
- Excellent networking skills with other Country Managers, expats, the community and the wider community in the posted country.
- leadership of people and team and making sure that you have a track record of success recruiting staff and monitoring their performance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, including people-management, leadership and both written and verbal communication skills.
- A Country Manager will be based overseas, so experience of living abroad is desirable but not essential.
- Must be familiar with computer software programs e.g. Word, Excel etc.
- A full clean driving licence.
- Fully vacinated against Covid for travel and host country requirement
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate who is keen to relocate and to serve the local expat community.
If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you and you have the relevant experience, please send your cv today quoting the reference JO-2111-109619.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.