| | |
An iconic British Retailer has the job of a Buyer, to come on board of its Childrenswear department based in London. This role, part of the International team is key in sourcing commercial ranges that go above and beyond the expectations of their Franchise partners.
As a Childrenswear Buyer, you will:
- Commercially source and build a balanced and profitable range, identifying new trends and opportunities to grow sales and profit
- Negotiating cost prices with suppliers and suggesting cost effective solutions. Identifying new suppliers for the best cost prices
- Presenting ranges to Senior Management for sign off as well as international partners
- Creating the critical path for both development with suppliers and timely delivery of product ranges
- Managing relations across all aspects of the business functions internally and externally, understanding needs and requirements
- Continual evaluation of sales history and regional requirements to develop the department strategy
- Good understanding of competition and trends within the market place in order to evaluate the range and build strategy
- Develop and coach a team to gain the best from them
The skills and experience you will need for the Childrenswear Buyer role:
- Experience as an established Buyer with childrenswear experience is essential
- Working with a Franchise market is advantageous
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to present to Senior Management teams and externals
- Proven negotiation and strategy experience is essential
- Ability to work well under pressure individually as well as leading a team
- Knowledge of quality standards, testing requirements and safety policies
In return, this company will offer fantastic progression and autonomy in a role which reports into the Head of Buying directly giving you the opportunity to grow and shape in a business which is going through change.
If you are interested in this Childrenswear Buyer job, please apply with your up to date CV today in a Microsoft Word document format.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.