Central Operations Manager – Food retail
| | |
Quest Search & Selection are currently working for one of the largest commercial employers within retail on the Channel Islands. They are keen to speak to candidates that are open to relocation for a career opportunity to support the Retail Director within a Central Operations head office function.
This business has growth within their food division and continue to grow the store portfolio and have put together this newly created role to support the Retail Director & Regional Manager.
The roles and responsibilities of this Central Operations Manager position –
- To lead several store projects that are ongoing and work towards a set framework and timescale.
- Engagement of stakeholders at various timescales of the projects
- Be the central communication support for all stores regarding internal comms including planned visits from the board and brand teams.
- Challenge Store Manager’s regarding any processes, inventory and best practices
- Be centrally involved in supply chain, inventory controls and stock takes
- This role is based in head office, but you will be visiting the stores regularly on both islands.
To be successful in this Central Operations Manager position –
- To must have worked in a Store Manager capacity ideally within a Supermarket or Convenience retailer.
- Proven track record of managing and implementing processes that have improved financial and customer focused KPI’s.
- Ideally have worked as an Operations or Central Operations Manager capacity or have worked on projects outside of the management role.
- Self-starter that can take on more responsibilities as the role gets bigger
- Advanced excel and other microsoft packages for tracking reports etc for projects
- excellent stakeholder management experience
Benefits of this Central Operations Manager position –
- Head office-based role
- Relocation assistance
- initial hotel when you relocate to the island
- Ferry or flight tickets
- Life assurance
- bonus potential
- discount card
This is a great opportunity to take your career in a different direction from a purely operational leadership role into a more strategic position that will help shape part of this retail group. If this role sounds of interest please send our cv quoting the reference JO-2009-108225.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.