Category Manager – Garden & Decorative
| | |
One of the UKs leading B2B suppliers within the home, leisure, outdoor and garden ranges is looking for a Category Manager for one of their key ranges.
This business offers the depth of products across key categories and has had a financial investment, meaning there has been an expansion of the business which has created a number of new management positions.
The business has their own brand products and constantly look to increase depths & choice of products to keep their customers engaged within their established brands.
The Role of a Category/Product Manager include –
- New Product Development – working with the Head Of Category to identify, develop and bring new products to market
- To plan all seasonal promotional activity
- Reviewing supplier relationships & terms of business
- Sourcing of all required products to fulfil private label ranges for customers
- Working with the Marketing team to execute the range delivery – i.e. POS and labelling and other marketing tools for the products.
- Complete all required product due diligence to ensure all products are compliant with UK/EU laws working alongside the compliance & technical team.
- Identify non-performing products & to make recommendations
- In charge of all margins, sales targets and pricing of products
- Building seasonal plans for the category
- FE sourcing trips
- Working with the Head Of Category, define and deliver the relevant product range and pack formats by channel
To be successful in this position you must have –
- Extensive experience within a Buying or Category experience ideally form a retail, supplier or manufacturer (B2B or B2C)
- Ideally from a hardlines retail for example DIY, Trade, toys, home, Garden outdoor leisure or gifting
- Have experience of NPD and taking new products to market
- Dealt with negotiating with suppliers and dealing with margins
- Working with a number of different lines of products and varying seasonal plans for products
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external parties
- Ability to influence across the business to launch products.
In return you will be working for a market leading retailer and brand and with an multichannel presence. They offer a very autonomous environment with the opportunity to grow various categories as part of the new structure. If you feel this will be the right opportunity for you please send your cv quoting the reference Q103976.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.