Category Manager – Food Retail
| | |
Quest Search & Selection is proudly partnering with this global multi-brand business which has been established for over 100 years and has over 200 stores globally and growing.
The main purpose of this Category Manager role is to grow this area and work with their current Food & Drink Partnerships to drive the overall strategy and make sure that the partnerships are exceeding the targets from both parties. They are looking for a candidate who is open to a 12-month contract.
The roles and responsibilities for this Category Manager role –
- You will have buying responsibility for categories across sandwiches, hot food, hot drinks, cakes, and sweet & savory snacks
- You’ll need to analyze data and spot trends, whilst building strategic relationships internally & externally.
- With commercial thinking, you’ll create new ranges, appropriate pricing, and sales-boosting strategies to deliver profitable ranges and drive year-on-year growth.
- Ongoing challenging current and identifying new partnership opportunities.
- You will be responsible for selecting and developing profitable new ranges for upcoming seasons
- Lead and develop an innovative range of marketing plans around the categories
- Manage supplier relationships and negotiate reductions in costs of goods sold, first to market
- Keep abreast of international market trends, customer requirements and competitor activity thus identifying market opportunities
- Conduct range reviews and undertake the continuous improvement of the product offer through effective range analysis
To be successful in this Category Manager role –
- You’ll be an experienced Senior Buyer, Category Manager within food, food to go, hot drinks, or food and drink branded partnerships/franchises or Joint Ventures.
- A head for figures, as this area is data-driven.
- You will ideally be from an FMCG or Hospitality or retail Food buying experience.
- Have had accountability for revenue, sales, margin, and promotional income.
- Have an understanding of food safety regulations & safety compliance
- Full accountability of range budget and margin
- You must be comfortable with a 12-month contract.
The Benefits of this Category Manager role-
- 25 days Holidays
- Flexible working (on average 3 days in the office)
- Staff discounts and other incentives
The role will appeal to someone who wants to gain experience within a fast-growing and ambitious business, where their people are their biggest asset! If this role sounds like you then please send your cv today, quoting the reference JO-2204-110074
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.