Category Manager – Branded Fashion
| | |
A unique opportunity has come up in the lovely setting of the Channel Islands! My client is looking for a Category Manager to work alongside their fashion retail brands on the island.
In this position, you will be the Merchandiser & involved with the selection & ranging of the products. Working closely with the Head of Department under clear leadership; your knowledge of stock management and replenishment will allow for these products to get to customers efficiently.
Your responsibilities include:
- Travelling to retail partners and working with their brand teams to buy and select ranges
- The ability to build appropriate seasonal stock packages
- being able to interpret sales & space data.
- Allocating & planning stock for seasonal ranges
- Manage weekly stock levels in stores
- managing markdowns & exiting stock.
- Implement markdown in line with set budgets.
- Suggest, plan and implement promotional activity for each brand designed to drive sales and profit.
To be successful at this position you’ll already be an established Merchandiser, Branded Buyer or Category Manager/Assistant experience either from a core or international/branch background ideally from a brand.
You must be a strong team player who will be numerate and analytical & have excellent Excel skills who can work with data to quickly identify solutions. As well as this you must be a fashion forward individual who are aware of trends and putting ranges together for the season plans. The role will work across all brand and age group form young fashion to premium menswear.
If you are not already on the island, relocating to the Channel Islands represents a fantastic opportunity and lifestyle that you perhaps cannot obtain in the UK; –
- Lower tax rate and social security (on average an extra 3-4k per annum compared to the UK!)
- One of the sunniest places in the British Isles!
- Relaxing lifestyle – As VAT has not been levied in the Channel, luxury goods have often been cheaper than in the UK or in France.
In return, you will receive full visa to work on the island, relocation pension, private healthcare and staff discount. They will also assist financially with your flight or ferry over. If this opportunity sounds of interest, please send your CV quoting the reference Q103235.