| | |
Quest Search & Selection are currently partnering with this omni-channel retail business who is looking to recruit a Category / Buying Director within their food and FMCG categories.
Roles & responsibilities of this Buying Director role –
- End to end accountability for a multi-million sales & profit delivery across the retail division
- Working with the board & leadership team of up to 4 direct reports and a team of 12-15 underneath
- Overall, responsible for the development, and management of the ranging process through robust category management principles, including regular reviews of space vs. sales at a store level.
- To deliver long term EBITDA targets through the management of pricing and gross margin.
- To drive sales, profitably, through delivery of effective promotions, range development, and NPD through their wholesale, retail partners and suppliers directly
- Laison with the Operations Director regarding store performance concerning product and availability.
- To lead the trading team, by demonstrating appropriate behaviours to upskill and manage performance
- Manage the Commercial partners for strategic decision making
- Manage the logistics function including responsibility for contractual negotiation
- Lead innovation and focus into ranges to deliver differentiation
- Developing new and existing supplier relationships
- Driving the commercial objectives of the company
To be successful in this Buying/ Category Director role –
- Have a proven background at a Category, Buying or Trading Head of Director or Senior Management level
- Must have current or previous grocer experience – ideally from the top 7 Grocers
- Have a track record of building and driving forwards a commercial category
- Leading & developing a team of Senior/Buying Manager levels
- Have a strong commercial instinct
- Have a great balance across the perceived leadership behaviours that will be complimentary in delivering commercial success whilst adhering to the customer requirements
- Ability to lead and coach to deliver outstanding results
- Proven track record in delivering results
- Ability to work in a complex and fast moving environment, simplifying messages and play a significant ‘shaping role’ within the bigger business.
- This role is based on the south of England so would suit someone in the Hampshire, Surrey, Sussex, or Dorset location.
- Excellent communication at all levels including influence at a C level
Benefits that are included in this Category Director position –
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Lucrative Bonus up to 30%
- Car Allowance
- Contributory Pension
- Free parking
- 25 days holiday
If you feel that this opportunity is the right level for your development, please send your cv today quoting the reference JO-2111-109557
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.