Buying & Merchandise Director
| | |
RELOCATION OPPORTUNITY! This franchise operator based in the Middle-East has over 50 brands within fashion, beauty & food. They have an ever-growing portfolio of brands and currently looking to add to their senior leadership team.
This Buying & Merchandise Director will look after the selection buying, merchandising and strategy for the multi-brand operation, leading a team of 25-30 people.
Your roles and responsibilities of this Buying and Merchandise Director include-
- Full P&L responsibility within the Business Unit throughout the GCC region.
- Accountable for strategy, planning, buying, merchandising and trading of the brands and representing the business.
- Being the prime interface with the host brand.
- Set the Buying & Merchandising strategy as part of the wider retail strategy on product launches, intake of stock and availability, stock turn, sales and out of stocks.
- Lead the strategic brand development and business planning, whilst delivering optimum ongoing sales.
- To perform significantly ahead of plan across all main KPI’s including sales, margin and profit contribution through an effective trading stance and cost control.
- Planning promotions and sales & working closely with the Operating Board
- Provide strategic and operational leadership to the Merchandising & Buying team
- Accountable for the full business buying, stock intake, OTB & margins.
- Contributed to the growth of the retail, concession, wholesale and ecomm channels also.
To be considered for this Buying & Merchandise Director role –
- You must be a Buying & Merchandising Director or Head of Merchandising/Buying ready to make the next step up
- Past or current Apparel experience, ideally from a multi- product environment likes a department store background would be desirable
- This role will looking after both Buying & Merchandising but will have a Merchandising bias.
- If you have worked in the Middle-East or for another franchise partner this would be desirable
- Have been instrumental in the wider strategy of the business
- Is a clear communicator with board exposure/experience
- Have led a team through businesses changes
The Benefits of this Buying & Merchandise Director include-
- Tax-free salary
- Expat lifestyle
- Private Medical Insurance
- All other allowances as part of the fixed salary
- Flights home annuals
- Holiday Allowance
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Discounts across all brands
If you feel that you have the relevant experience and open to living and working in Kuwait, please send your cv and quoting the reference JO-2201-109744.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.