Buying Manager – Fresh
| | |
This award winning, international retailer & wholesaler is currently looking for a Category Manager to work alongside the Commercial and Stock & Analyst team to drive their Fresh category forward.
This retail & wholesale business with continued growth is looking for Buyers who want to be part of an innovative and forward-thinking business that has shown to grow and diversify in different markets.
As a Buying Manager you will be responsible for the buying, supply and development of a range of products to achieve targets and maximise turnover and profitability. The chilled category includes, fruit, cooked meats & convenience fresh foods.
As a Category /Buying Manager responsibilities include:
- Plan and develop a profitable and commercial product range
- Negotiate and monitor terms with suppliers and drive excellent business relationships with both UK and International suppliers.
- Working with the Buyer & Supply Manager to complete open to buy forecasts
- Getting customers feedback from Manager’s and the Insight team
- Executing category reviews and business plans
- Maintain sales and profit according to budget within a short, medium and long-term business plan
- Determining process to achieve category margins
- Negotiation on all supplier side
- Being responsible for the promotional programme to maximise profit and sales
To be successful in this Buying Manager position you must have –
- Category Management or Buying experience within Retail, Supplier or Purchasing food background from a chilled, fresh food, grocery, frozen or ambient category.
- Knowledge of the retail & wholesale business
- Track record of success within your career
- Have lead and coached to deliver outstanding results as part of a team
- Excellent communication at all levels & maintain and developed key supplier relationships
This is a great opportunity to work in in a fast-paced environment and be part of a larger business with exposure to the board & executive team and be part of business that has a turnover of a £Billion internationally. In return you will receive a competitve bonus, car allowance & contributory pension. If you feel that you have the Category or Buying experience within the given product category, please apply today quoting the reference JO-1802-103862.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.