Buying Manager – Food Retail
| | |
Quest Search & Selection is partnering with this award-winning B2C Retailer who is one of the most famous businesses in their sector in the UK, within premium/luxury food markets.
The business is looking for a Buying Manager to deliver a range that reflects food retail strategy and embraces quality, innovation, and seasonality; brought to life across relevant sales channels. They are looking for a Buying Manager to join their team for a 12-month maternity cover contract.
Key responsibilities for this Buying Manager position –
- Own the delivery of budgeted sales, waste, and margin across all food retail departments
- You will be managing a team of 3 Senior Buyers which will have admin support
- Negotiate and deliver margin improvements across the end-to-end operation without compromising brand standards
- Initiate and lead category reviews to deliver continuous improvement in the product range, sales, quality, and pricing
- Ensure the buying time and supply base deliver exciting ranges
- This role is based on branded buying so you must have excellent supplier and stakeholder relationships
- Managing and driving product launch plans, including sales activation
- Oversee the sign of forecasting across the full product portfolio
To be successful in this Buying Manager position you must have –
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Category Manager, Senior Buyer, Head of Buying, or relevant roles
- Has a background in the Retail Food whether from Supermarkets, Department Stores, eCommerce, Farm stores, or F&B industry
- Open to background within food, but have bought multiple categories in their time, for example, Gifting Food, Fresh, Provision, Ambient, etc
- Highly motivated and organised with great attention to detail
- Have led a team and also remains hands-on and agile in a small team
- You will be required to travel once a week to London
- Passion for food and commitment to working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to liaise and engage with a range of stakeholders, approaching tasks with a logical and efficient attitude
Benefits of this Buying Manager position include –
- This is a 12month contract with the potential of extension or going perm
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Staff discount
- Access to a variety of discounts on retail, restaurants, and cinema tickets
- Subsidised private medical insurance
This is a great opportunity to utilise your excellent Buying and analytical skillset to help drive the future of the brand and progress in your career. If you are interested in this role and have the right experience, please do apply with your CV today quoting the reference number JO-2204-110115
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.