Buying Manager – Food Retail
| | |
Quest Search and Selection are delighted to offer a Buying Manager role on behalf of major national retailer based in West Midlands.
The client has over 300 sites across the UK and currently trading positive growth figures.
As a Buying Manager you will be required to:
- Create strong supplier relationship that are commercially viable and sustainable for both parties
- Meet agreed financial KPI’s including sales, profitability & stock loss.
- Working with the marketing team to support customer awareness of the portfolio of products & range availability
- Looking at both localise & national buying strategies.
- Produce accurate data that supports robust analysis
- Influence stakeholders successfully to secure beneficial outcomes
- Provide high levels of coaching, support and challenge within your team
The ideal Buying Manager should:
- Have previous experience at a Buyer, Buying Manager, Senior Buyer or Category Manager level in a food or FMCG retail background.
- A proven ability to produce and implement a successful buying strategy
- Desirable but not essential if you have understanding of the Grocery Supply Code of Practice framework
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with commercially minded individuals
- striving to influence & continuously improve KPIs and ways of working
- Have had management experience leading at an Assistant Buyer level or above.
If successful for this Buying Manager role, benefits will include:
- A competitive salary, bonus (up to 20% of annual salary)
- private healthcare
- Staff discount
- Contributory pension
If you feel you are the right person for this Buying Manager role please apply with the following reference number, JO-1809-105122.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.