Buying Manager – Food
| | |
Quest Search & Selection are currently partnering with this omni-channel high street retailer who is looking to recruit a Buying Manager within their food categories.
The business is open to considering candidates form across the board and not category specific at this stage. However you must have food or FMCG, retail experience so a background in health & beauty, mixed product or within the discounters will be considered. You will work collaboratively with suppliers and look to drive the the category forward through commercial, FMCG supplier relationships and own-label development. The business is based in the North of England and will require relocation (which will be assisted) if you are not currently residing in the area.
The roles and responsibilities of this Buying Manager position-
- Category sales growth in all channels
- Increasing marketshare from other competitors
- Drive sales and profit in line with operating plan budgets
- To develop, implement, and review the trading plan
- Assess supplier market knowledge and competitor analysis
- NPD Development and support across their own-label categories
- Set clear range and price architecture
- Looking at budgets and P&L and looking at ways to reduce costs, wastage and lead times
- oversee supply, ensure continuity and product availability.
- Management of a small team of up to 2 BA’s
- Buyer, Senior Buyer, Buying Manager or Category Manager experience
- Previous or current experience from the top 7 grocers or wholesale is ideal
- Track record of negotiations with suppliers
- The will suit candidates who are currently based or open to relocating to the Manchester, Lancashire, Yorkshire or Lincolnshire area.
- Have show success of leading a category either individual or via a small team
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- Has dealt with own label experience
- Exceptional eye for detail and accuracy – Excellent communication at all levels.
Benefits that are included in this Buying Manager position –
- Relocation package (if not local to the area!)
- flexible working
- Company car or car allowance
- free parking
- 25 days holiday
If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you and you have the relevant experience please send your cv today!
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.