| | |
Quest Search & Selection are currently partnering with this omni-channel retail business who is looking to recruit a Buying Director within their food and FMCG categories.
Roles & responsibilities of this Buying Director role –
- End to end accountability for a multi-million sales & profit delivery across the retail division
- Working with the board & leadership team of up to 5-7 direct reports.
- Can executive & deliver market share growth across categories
- Leading and engaging the trading team and the opportunity for proactive succession planning.
- Can deliver simplification across ranges & pricing offer where needed.
- Lead innovation and focus into ranges to deliver differentiation
- To deliver significant efficiency & supplier savings
- Developing new and existing supplier relationships
- Driving the commercial objectives of the company
To be successful in this Buying Director role –
- Have a proven background at a Category, Buying or Trading Director level
- Must have current or previous grocer experience – ideally from the top 4
- Have a track record of building and driving forwards a commercial category
- Leading & developing a team of Senior/Buying Manager levels
- Have a strong commercial instinct
- Have a great balance across the perceived leadership behaviours that will be complimentary in delivering commercial success whilst adhering to the customer requirements
- Ability to lead and coach to deliver outstanding results
- This role will require travel from the North West or would require relocation from London
- Excellent communication at all levels including influence at a C level
- Graduate or Graduate calibre with extensive experience within the Grocers.
Benefits that are included in this Buying Director position –
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Lucrative Bonus up to 50%
- flexible working
- Car allowance
- free parking
- 25 days holiday
- Relocation Assistance – if not local
If you feel that this opportunity is the right level for your development, please send your cv today quoting the reference JO-2102-108748
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.