Buying/Commercial Director – Retail
| | |
Quest Search & Selection are delighted to partner with this Saudi-based group of companies that are involved in Retail, Food & Beverage and Retal estate. This role is with the retail, entertainment sector & they have partnered this brand for over 10 years. They have expanded the business, stores and the number of new product lines during these times to become a more one-stop , destination shopping experience!
Your responsibilities of this Commercial Director position –
- The core responsible of this role to lead this retail business with a turnover of around USD 50 – 60 million USD across the country.
- Reporting into the CEO
- Working on targets, strategy and plans for the Business Unit
- You will be leading the Procurement and Buying function to make sure that the sourcing, supply chain and merchandising are meeting customer expectations and meeting commercial sales targets.
- Driving the retail operations and sales teams for P&L and commerciality of the stores within B2C and the small B2B operations.
- Working alongside the Operations Director to lead the strategy of the 8-10 stores in the KSA region.
- Leading their marketing department across brand alignment, in store, advertising and digital marketing.
- Leading a team of 15-20 direct reports with further reports underneath.
To be successful in this Commercial Director position –
- Extensive experience at a Commercial/ Country or Business Unit Director looking after and leading a diverse team within Operations, Buying/Procurement and marketing.
- KSA experience is highly desirable but not essential
- Strong buying background and understanding on high level negotiations, new product development and minimising aging/old stock
- That you have delivered the strategy for a division, country, or business unit.
- You must have board level exposure and have experience of owning the delivery of the retail strategy.
- You must have retail experience in the entertainment, fashion, department stores, health & beauty but all sectors will be considered.
- Comfortable with monitoring allocated budget to ensure compliance and take corrective measures when necessary
- Can get buy-in for the planned vision and strategy for the wider business
- Have develop necessary measures towards continuous reduction of the operational cost and reviewing financial reports for accuracy and consistency
- Strong people management skills and have led large teams through direct reports and succession planning.
- Aptitude in strong decision-making and working with numbers
The benefits of this Vice President of this Commercial Director role-
- Tax free salary
- Bonus potential – x4 basic salary
- Private healthcare,
- Relocation Flights
- schooling allowance for x3 children
If this profile reflects the level of your expertise and knowledge within a customer focused position, then please send your cv quoting the reference JO-2009-108241.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.