Buyer – Grocery
| | |
A leading food & FMCG retailer & wholesaler is looking to recruit a Buyer to oversee one of their largest product divisions. As a Buying Manager you will be responsible for the category plan to reduce costs and optimise terms with partners and to maximise turnover and profitability.
You will be part of a large international organisation with a highly influential buying and marketing power & a brand with sustainable financial support in branded and own-brand product development.
In this position you responsibilities include:
- Plan and develop a profitable and commercial product range
Negotiate and monitor terms with suppliers & brands
- Developing relationships with their retail estate
Drive cost down within supply base
- Deliver opportunities within own-label and branded products to drive sales & margin
Maintain sales and profit according to Category Plan
- Leveraging Group buying power
Working in collaboration regarding the promotional & marketing programme to maximise profit and sales
- To identify, source, and develop own-brand product ranges
- Trade ethically and in line with all compliance and legislative requirements
- Have gained a commercial understanding of the brand and commercial requirements
- Working closely with range and brand team regarding availability levels of products
To be successful in the position you must have –
- Category Management or Buying experience within Food, Supermarket, Retail, FMCG or Wholesale environment
- Ideal but not essential in negotiating & working with wholesale markets
- Grocery category experience is desirable but not essential
- Track record of negotiations with large suppliers
- Working towards P & L budgets
- Experience with Branded and/ or Own-Brand ranges
- Range Planning
- Long Term Agreements
- Working closely with Planning, DC & Marketing teams
- Graduate calibre
- Excellent communication at all levels
In return you will work for a retail with a great international, Blue-chip business with a package to suit which include Bonus, Private healthcare & Car . If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you please send your cv quoting the reference Q104219.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.