Buyer – DIY & Hardware
| | |
Quest Search & Selection are proud to represent one of the leading DIY & Home Improvement businesses in Malta. The brand is actively looking for Buyers with expert knowledge who are keen and open to relocation! This retailer offers a range of tools, ironmongery, and building materials to home goods, wall décor, crafts & gardening /outdoor furniture. The business is constantly looking at a new and improved selection of innovative home improvement products.
The Role You Will Play
The Buyer will oversee across categories within the DIY and Home Improvement Industry. The job holder will be responsible for buying the best quality goods, at the most competitive prices.
Day-to-Day Duties of this Buyer role –
- Build and develop supplier relationships with the new and existing supplier
- Review and develop new robust processes and procedures
- Focused on the buying strategy in line with market requirements.
- Leading the Buying team
- Review stock levels and order
- Overseeing team training schedules and carrying out performance appraisals.
- Research new products through product catalogues, trade fairs, listings & wholesalers.
- Develop rebate plans.
Ideally, they are looking for someone that comes from a retail/hardware or DIY industry, and you will be able to demonstrate and have –
- 6 years worth of experience within Buying or Buyer roles
- Leadership skills: must be able to lead a small team, have lead Buyers/Assistant Buyer levels
- Have DIY/Hardware experience including categories such as Paint, Tools, Home improvement or other DIY categories
- Proven track record with supplier relationships, management and negotiations
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation
- Ability to persuade, influence, negotiate and network successfully
- Able to build long-lasting business relationships
Benefits that come with this Buyer role –
- 27 Holiday entitlement + 14 days Bank holidays
- Store & Company Discount
- Training & Development courses
- Reward deserved Performance
The company is willing to offer relocation support to the ideal candidate by –
- Assisting with flights over to the island
- Supporting with Visa application
- Aiding in finding property/share
Malta offers a great lifestyle and way of living, with sun all year round and a healthcare system that is open to all! It’s a multilingual country that’s also known to be the second safest country in the world, with a booming economy and stable property market, with reasonable tax.
If this sounds like you and you are open to relocating to a wonderful island and living close to the beautiful beaches of Malta. Please do not hesitate to send your cv details today quoting the reference JO-2109-109447.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.