Assistant Merchandiser – Luxury Brand
| | |
This global luxury brand is looking for a commercially aware Assistant Merchandiser who will support the Planner in achieving financial plans for their product category. They will help drive their category through careful allocations, markdowns and analysis of the assortment line.
As an Assistant Merchandiser, you will:
- Develop Distribution Plans, ensuring timely seasonal launches through creating the initial allocation plan for area of responsibility
- Manage in Transit by ensure business guidelines are followed in the planning and execution of weekly store allocations
- Manage the flow of the inventory. Working with the Buying team in order to place orders within the timelines agreed. Analyse performance of styles and recommend tactical amendments
- Work with buying team on new orders and receipt movements. Provide Buying team with size breakdowns for orders. Use monthly forecast reviews and promotional calendar to forecast
- Analyse and make proposals on the promotion and markdown of inventory to achieve the most profitable return, ensuring gross margin (GM) targets are achieved.
- Coordinate with the team to ensure appropriate reports are available for analysis prior to meetings on a weekly, monthly and quarterly review
- Able to develop several business strategies taking into account the financial forecast associated with the product area, and, through analysis and determine the most profitable solution to the problem
- Must be able to lead an Allocator in training and personal development
The ideal candidate will be:
- Must already be working as an Assistant Planner/Merchandiser for a Retail fashion business
- Show a high/advanced level of understanding of Retail Mathematics and Excel
- Have high level of competence in Allocation and Replenishment
- Show aptitude and understanding of Forecasting
- Ability to present clearly and concisely, including financial information and business strategies. Able to tailor level of detail in presentations to reflect the audience
- Exhibit ability to develop relationships and partner with members of the organization outside of the cross functional team
- Demonstrate highly developed listening, written and oral communication skills
This is a great opportunity to cement and grow your career with a globally renown brand. The company offers a friendly and inclusive environment.
If you feel you have the skills and experience, please reply with an up to date CV today!
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document