Assistant Merchandiser – Central London
| | |
Are you an experienced/senior Allocator, MAA or Assistant Merchandiser who is currently available for a new role?! Quest Search & Selection are partnering with this iconic international retailer who is currently looking for an Assistant Merchandiser for one of their key categories to be based in Central London.
In this position you will report into the Senior Merchandiser & the key objectives of this role is to assist with the stock management, forecasting & range planning for their own label & branded product ranges.
Your role will be providing support to the merchandise & planning team for everything from stock level reviews through to weekly, seasonal and ad-hoc reporting, you’ll know exactly what’s selling and how to maximise profitability.
Your responsibilities as an Assistant Merchandiser include –
- Being able to forecast sales, stock, margin & promotions vs budgets
- Identifying opportunities and risks
- Be able to reforecast when needed and manage a WSSI.
- To plan and place orders for new lines according to agreed forecasts and phasing
- To work with all suppliers and where the international sourcing office to ensure that all orders are delivered on time.
- Key contact for stores on inventory queries for areas of responsibility.
- To liaise with the warehouse to ensure that inbound and outbound priorities are set according to Category plans.
- To liaise with the Stock and Space Planner to ensure that relevant communication is sent to the stores & warehouse regarding availability, product and price/promotional activity
To be successful in this Assistant Merchandiser position you will need –
- Assistant Merchandiser/Senior Allocator/Allocator/MAA or Senior Merchandise Admin Assistant for a highstreet retailer
- This business is open to category whether this is from a department store, fashion or mixed good retailer who is open to a contract role!
- Have has experience of forecasting and providing weekly summaries of performance
- Have communicated with both stores and DC’s
- Has a logical and creative approach to problem solving
- Can demonstrate the ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise effectively
- You’ll also have excellent Excel skills and will be a fantastic problem solver who can work with data to quickly identify solutions.
In reward you will have the opportunity to work in a world-class retailer and will gain enhance holiday allowance, pension, season ticket loan and store discount. If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you please send your cv quoting the reference JO-2002-107771.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.