| | |
Quest Search and Selection is working with this multi-channel, multi-product company that is a mixed-goods, destination retailer that has been established for over 150 years.
In this position you will report into a Merchandiser level & the key objective of this role is to assist with the stock management, forecasting & range planning for their own label & branded product ranges.
Your role will be providing support to the merchandise & planning team for everything from stock level reviews through to weekly, seasonal and ad-hoc reporting, you’ll know exactly what’s selling and how to maximise profitability within their Home, Accessories and Lifestyle Categories.
Your responsibilities as an Assistant Merchandiser include –
- Being able to forecast sales, stock, margin & promotions vs budgets
- Identifying opportunities and risks
- Be able to reforecast when needed and manage a WSSI.
- To plan and place orders for new lines according to agreed forecasts and phasing
- To work with all suppliers and where the international sourcing office to ensure that all orders are delivered on time.
- Key contact for stores on inventory queries for areas of responsibility.
- To liaise with the warehouse to ensure that inbound and outbound priorities are set according to Category plans.
- To liaise with the Stock and Space Planner to ensure that relevant communication is sent to the stores & warehouse regarding availability, product and price/promotional activity
To be successful in this Assistant Merchandiser position you will need –
- Assistant Merchandiser/Senior Allocator/Allocator/MAA or Senior Merchandise Admin Assistant from a highstreet retailer
- This business is open to category whether this is from a department store, fashion or mixed good retailer who is open to a contract role!
- Have has experience of forecasting and providing weekly summaries of performance
- Have communicated with both stores and DC’s
- Has a logical and creative approach to problem solving
- Can demonstrate the ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise effectively
- You’ll also have excellent Excel skills and will be a fantastic problem solver who can work with data to quickly identify solutions.
The roles come with pension, holiday allowance and staff discount. If this sound like you, please apply today quoting the reference JO-2003-107852
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.