Assistant Buyer – Level 1 Fashion
| | |
This market leading retail focused business has an Assistant Buyer job opportunity to fill! This business is well known within their market in trend led fashion & is an international business with global presence with over 1000 employees!
In this job role you will be an instrumental part of the buying team and help work towards the critical path and have exposure of the whole buying cycle and will be taking over in the absence of the Buyer.
- Administration around purchases
- Undertake regular competitive shop reports and present to the Buying team
- Research market trends and new product areas for trend and attend development meetings
- Ensure best price and margin is achieved when negotiating buys
- Manage the approval process with Buyer’s
- Liaison with suppliers on a daily basis
- Preparation of product boards for client & trade meetings
- Work towards timelines for promotional targets and new product launches
To be successful you must have :
- Assistant buying or BAA experience with fashion or jewellery
- Greater commercial awareness and demonstrates a clear knowledge of how potential trends and threats might impact the brand and business as a whole
- Excellent skills in presentation & communication
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent, in an academic Fashion/Retail subject
- Excel literate
- Have an interest and understanding of the retail market & fashion trends
This global business also offer autonomous working conditions, 25 day holidays, competitive pension contributions . If you wish feel you are the right level of experience for this position, CV quoting the reference Q104042.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.