Assistant Buyer – Gifts & Accessories
| | |
Quest Search & Selection are proud to partner a global £billion fashion, accessories and gifting retail business with stores in UK, Europe & USA.
This role is to lead and assist the buying process to help maximise sales & profitability for the particular category.
Duties & Responsibilities for this Assistant Buyer –
- Assist the Buyer with the sourcing, development and selection of product in line with strategy and plan.
- Review sales and product performance and initiate proposals to drive sales and improve profitability.
- Prepare product and supporting information for product sign offs
- Build & maintain professional working relationships with suppliers
- Supervise workload and assist with the training and development of the BAA
- Ensure all tasks are carried out in line with the department critical path.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of trading standards and copyright legislation to ensure all aspects of product sourcing and development are legally compliant
To be successful in this Assistant Buyer –
- 2 years + experience within a Assistant Buying , Buying Admin Assistant level.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the buying process for both development (sourcing in Asia & Europe) and branded buying
- The business is open to product categories but ideally fits within a Jewellery, Accessories, Toys, Homewares, Footwear or Bags/Luggage.
- Strong organisational skills with proven ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Good numerical and analytical skills
The benefits of this Assistant Buyer level –
- This business is a true global brand that offers the opportunity for growth and progression.
- Bonus potential 5-8 %
- generous staff discount
- 5% + pension
- Hybrid working only 2/3 days average in office
- Career plan and path from day 1
If this opportunity sounds like you and you feel you have the experience, interpersonal skills and love for numbers! Then please apply quoting the reference JO-2203-109981.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.